Les Grandes Tables du Monde: launching the 2023 guide and unveiling new members
On January 30, 2023, more than 200 members, partners and friends of Les Grandes Tables du Monde gathered at Shangri-La Paris to launch the 2023 guide and unveil the association’s latest member establishments.
The 10 new members - Photo © Vincent Nageotte
As an official partner, Valrhona was very much present and correct because, now more than ever, we want to help guide and support the future of gastronomy.
Chefs and makers are constantly reinventing themselves as they tackle our era’s key challenges. At Valrhona, we are more determined than ever before to support them in imagining the best of chocolate. We want to inspire a collective movement that brings everyone in the cocoa, chocolate and culinary industries TOGETHER around a fair, sustainable cocoa sector and gastronomy which tastes great, looks great and does great things for the world
10 new members join Les Grandes Tables du Monde in 2023
Les Grandes Tables du Monde’s chairman, David Sinapian, said the following before officially welcoming the new members:
Les Grandes Tables du Monde reflects a luxury gastronomy industry that evolves, questioning and challenging itself, and seeks out and often finds a balance between tradition and modernity. We regularly talk about family when we talk about Les Grandes Tables du Monde. This word, which still feels relevant in 2023, is the essential ingredient that the people who want to join our association are looking for. We are all united around the same values and belief in excellence. We are an elite and a group that, thanks to its relatively small size, can create close relationships between all members.
The guide’s cover was created by Manon Bucciarelli. Photo © Vincent Nageotte
Ten restaurants made their début in this new edition of Les Grandes Tables du Monde, including three in France.
- Single Thread à Healdsburg (Etats-Unis) - Kyle & Katina Connaughton
- Saison à San Francisco (Etats-Unis) - Richard Lee
- Fleur de Loire à Blois (France) - Christophe Hay
- Sesamo à Marrakech (Maroc) - Massimiliano et Raffaele Alajmo
- Tim Raue à Berlin (Allemagne) - Tim Raue
- Schanz Restaurant à Piesport (Allemagne) - Thomas Schanz
- Ralf Berendsen à La Butte aux Bois à Lanaken (Belgique) - Ralf Berendsen
- Amelia à San Sebastian (Espagne) - Paulo Airaudo
- Restaurant David Toutain à Paris (France) - David Toutain
- Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey à Bommes (France) - Jérôme Schilling